You can now arrange bespoke birthday parties and events at the GSPCA (Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Guided tours of the Shelter take about 90 minutes and the birthday girl/boy will receive special treatment and be allowed some unique experiences holding and possibly feeding some of the animals in their care.
Other custom features that can be arranged by the amazing staff at the Animal Shelter:
- Party food supplied by Kiddies Catering
- Surprise Adoption for a year of an animal pen – minimum donation of £20 for an adoption pack for a year to include a plaque at the GSPCA
- Room hire is available in a spacious facility close to the toilets
- Games with prizes can be supplied on request
- Hire of giant animal, minions or Olaf suit
- GSPCA party gift for the birthday child
- Tables, chairs and toys available on request
- Other bespoke packages available
Speak to the team at the GSPCA to arrange your very own unique party!
Guided Tours & Special Themed Tours
The tours take around 80 minutes (special tours are longer) and you get to see many of the departments and interact with some of the friendly residents and a variety of species. Tours and special tours are for a maximum of 20 people per tour, so please book early. Some of the animals you will have the chance to see will be cats, rabbits, birds, hedgehogs, dogs looking for homes and some of the other wildlife.
- 12th – 19th April 2017; Special Easter Guided Tours, prizes for best costumes and fun games room (children must be with a guardian/parent)
- 29th May – 3rd June; Guided Tours each day, 2pm each day
- 24th – 29th June; Guided Tours, 2pm each day
- 23rd – 29th; October Special Halloween Guided Tours, prizes for best costumes and fun games room (children must be with a guardian/parent)
- 28th – 31st December; Guided Tours, 2pm each day.
To book please call 01481 257261 or book here.
Steve Byrne, GSPCA Manager, says: “Due to a fantastic response last year we have planned guided tours at the GSPCA during 2017 for the school breaks and some weekends. We would like to thank all who have attended the tours and for the wonderful feedback we have received.”